O, The Oprah Magazine SA presents its fourth annual O Power List, featuring 21 women from the African continent who, through their lives, are inspiring others to follow and fulfill their purpose, as the truest version of themselves. Just like Time Magazine did with their list, O also asked celebrities to pay tribute to the women on the list. Some of the contributors include Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nikiwe Bikitsha, Barry Bateman, Oprah Winfrey and Thuli Mathonsela.
On The O 2014 Power List
- Cheryl Carolus – Founder of Cell C’s Girl Child Institute of Mentorship
- Vanessa Lynch – Founder and Executive Director DNA Project
- Clare Byarugaba – Ugandan LGBT activist
- Redi Tlhabi – Author, anchor and radio personality
- NoViolet Bulawayo – Zimbabwean author of We Need New Names
- Mandy Wiener – Journalist and author
- Lerato Mbele – Respected business journalist and host of Africa Business Report on BBC World News
- Yolanda Sangweni – Senior editor and producer for essence.com and co-founder of online magazine AfriPOP!
- Florence Masebe – Award-winning actress and executive producer of Elelwani
- Lupita Nyong’o – Oscar winning actress
- DJ Zinhle – One of SA’s best female house DJs and actress
Burnise Silvius – South African Prima Ballerina
- Dr. Precious Moloi-Motsepe – Executive Chairperson of African Fashion International
- Bethlehem Tilahun Alemu – an Ethiopian businesswoman, founder and executive director of soleRebels, Africa’s fastest growing footwear company.
- Siba Mtongana – Food Network host of Siba’s Table
- Linda Olagunjub – Founder and MD of DLO Energy Resources
- Major Catherine Labuschagne – First female Gripen (Top Gun) pilot of the South African Air Force
- Dr. Ola Orekunrin – Founder and MD of Flying Doctors
- Swaady Martin-Leke – Ivorian entrepreneur and queen of luxury tea brand Yswara
- Reverend Mpho Tutu – Episcopal priest and executive director of the Desmond and Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation
|AddisNews is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we get contents from and provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed by them.|